Friday, August 17, 2007

Author's Corner - Presenting Judi Moreo!

Today is the launch of a new feature on The Street Smarts Marketing and Promotions blog called Author's Corner. Every Friday you can read about a published author and find out what makes them tick. How did they get started writing? What motivates them? Do the write for the love of writing, money, or both? How do they market their works.

I am pleased to launch this exciting feature with author is Judi Moreo.

Judi doesn’t just talk about success…She Lives It! In 2003, the US Business Advisory Council named her “Nevada Business Person of the Year” and the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce awarded her company, Turning Point International, with a “Circle of Excellence” Award. In 1986, the Chamber also honored her as “Woman of Achievement – Entrepreneur.”

As an international business leader, Judi knows first hand what it takes to be successful…especially amidst political, social, and cultural differences. In 1991, she moved to South Africa and became an executive in South Africa’s most prestigious media group. Today, she lives in Las Vegas, Nevada and serves as President of Turning Point International, a performance improvement company with offices in Las Vegas and Johannesburg. Her client list reads like a Who’s Who of the World’s Most Prestigious Companies and Organizations.

Judi Moreo ia the author seven books including “You Are More Than Enough: Every Woman’s Guide to Purpose, Passion, and Power.

1. Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know)


I am originally from Houston, Texas, but I graduated high school in Humboldt, Kansas, and then moved to Las Vegas to attend Southern Nevada University, which is now UNLV. I started writing in high school as I was yearbook editor and the local newspaper offered me a job as a teen reporter. From then on, I had a desire to write. I am a professional speaker and have spoken in 26 countries to date. I love telling stories that make a point and help people.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?


My first book was written because I had the opportunity to do an Infomercial and sell my cosmetic products. The show producer said I would need a book, so I said, “No problem. I’ll have one by the time we do the show.” And I did.

3. How do you decide on a topic?


Whatever I am doing at the time seems to lead to “needs” and when I see a need, the book gets written. When my business partner and I were doing “Creativity” seminars, we couldn’t find any books that spoke to the particular need of our participants, so we approached a publisher with our idea and they gave us a contract for our book, “Conquer the Brain Drain: 52 Creative Ways to Pump Up Productivity. After doing a couple of years of Leadership Conferences for Women, there was a need for women to know how to find their purpose, passion and power, thus “You Are More Than Enough” was born.

4. What works best to keep you focused and on track?


A deadline.

5. Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?


Both. I love to write and I love to eat.

6. What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)?


I do book signings in book stores, get interviewed on radio shows and television talk shows. I mailed 125 books to magazines and newspaper reviewers.

7. What are some unique methods?


I do seminars and speeches and sell the book in the back of the room. I have also placed books in hospital and doctor waiting rooms.

8. Do you plan on writing additional books?
Most definitely!

Learn more about Judy Moreo and purchase a copy of her book at www.judimoreo.com

Until next time, live with passion and follow your dreams!

Kathleen Gage
The Street Smarts Marketer
www.streetsmartsmarketing.com



No comments: